Demolition Progress – Building 75 and 76
30th October 2015
In its heyday during the 1930’s, Robert Blackburn commissioned the construction of a flagship office to serve his manufacturing facility. Building 75 was built circa 1935 with a Terrazo Mosaic featuring the company logo as its centre piece. When they sold the site, BAE Systems decided to preserve the history of the site and commissioned local contractor Sewell to remove and rehouse the mosaic.
Fast forward to the 20 October 2015 and the final stage of the demolition is taking place and the contractor has uncovered a further section of Terazzo underneath the old B2 Computer room raised floor and screed.